Saturday, August 25, 2012

Toronto - the food

Time to finish my food blog posts from Canada.....if I can remember where we went...oops sort of rand out of steam at the end there.

We had probably one of the best meals of our trip in Toronto (and no Jay didn't have to eat cabbage). It was at a vegan restaurant called Fressen - which was also helpfully a few blocks away from the local 80s/goth/industrial club. 

To start with, we shared the eggplant manicotti. I must try and make these. Quite similar to an eggplant cannelloni I make.

Then it was on to mains...with crusted tofu for Jay and a gluten free corn pasta for me. Jay's looked like an art work that he really shouldn't haven't eaten. Mine though less beautiful tasted absolutely incredibly, and was definitely the best GF pasta I have ever had at a restaurant.

Despite Jay's cabbagetown-angst, I must also just report that there is a fabulous pub there, amongst the crazy junkies, called House on Parliament - probably more for meat eaters, but great looking pub fare, cocktails and of course beer....

I had a brilliant Pimm's Cup with a golden beet salad (never had those before, very yum!). This was also the only place in North America that Jay and I saw a wine class with a line as in Canberra....




No comments:

Post a Comment