Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ottawa - Zen Kitchen


Last but not least, for our final holiday meal, I took Jay out to Zen Kitchen a vegan restaurant in Ottawa. Again, by this time I was very lazy, so the photos are kind of crap sorry. However, the food was wonderful - perhaps not quite as good as Fressen in Toronto, but not far behind - and probably much more required, as Ottawa really isn't the mosst vegie-friendly place.
Jay had the Thai Lemongrass Curry for main.


While I had the Sopé - basically a mexican syle dish with tortillas, black beans, mushooms, chipolte-tequila sauce, salsa, guacamole and rice. Yummo!

For dessert, we had a tasting plate which was not as good as the main courses. Peacan pie was great. Chocolate brownie was a bit too full on for me. And try as I might, I just cannot appreciate vegan cheesecake!







No comments:

Post a Comment