Friday, June 8, 2012

Canada time for team orange

Greetings all. I have set up this blog so that Sir Jason and I, Lady Catherine, are able to record our thoughts, stories, observations and embarassing moments from our upcoming holiday - and no doubt upload a photo or two to make you all feel jealous as per the ways of modern world.

So where are we going? We are flying (*shudders*) directly to Vancouver in late June and spending a few days there, then over about 6-7 weeks we will be visiting, Jasper, Seattle, Chicago, Washington, New York, Boston, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Halifax, Prince Edward Island, Quebec City, Montreal and Ottawa. We are travelling mainly by train with a few hire cars thrown in as well.

I am hoping it will be lots of fun. Its a bit weird as we actually had a 6 week holiday to Europe and Russia planned, but changed our plans unexpectedly. I have been to Canada twice for work recently and just loved it - so I was keen to return and spend some proper time there without having to negotiate any international agreements! I have never had any desire to go to the USA, but Sir Jason wishes to have many a Woody Allen moment in New York - so hence the itinerary. Hopefully I shall cope and find things to eat that are not fried and not glutenesque...but I shall not be reading the bible on the train as suggested by Jay.

I am most looking forward to: seeing Vancouver, the train up to Jasper through the mountains, eating in New York and finally seeing the MET, seeing where my Russian relatives arrived in New York and lived in Boston, Quebec City, going to Osheaga festival for a day in Montreal, being an Anne of Green Gables dag on PEI and getting to show Jay the Ottawa that I have fallen in love with.

Plus there is that whole 7 weeks away from work thing and some proper Jay time. Did I mention 7 weeks, 7 whole weeks....so excited its stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment